Friday, January 11, 2008

The Year of Rattus norvegicus , the RAT.


Last night, it was about 11pm, came from work (3-11pm shift) went straight ahead to my room only to find out that rattus paid me a visit, I was about to open the door when something fast came across me, a pesky little HUGE rat. Then, I thought, hmmm... this must be my lucky year since i was born on the year of Ox, which is directly compatible to the Rat according to ancient Chinese Zodiac. The ratty was literally knockin' on my door.
To commence this post, I would like to share a disease commonly caused by the rats excreted waste products (feces and urine).



Leptospirosis and it's chain.

Leptospirosis is caused by a spirochaete bacterium called Leptospira spp. that has at 5 different serovars of importance in the United States causing disease (icterohaemorrhagiae, canicola, pomona, grippotyphosa, and bratislava).[3] There are other (less common) infectious strains. It should however be noted that genetically different leptospira organisms may be identical serologically and vice versa. Hence, an argument exists on the basis of strain identification. The traditional serologic system is seemingly more useful from diagnostic and epidemiologic standpoint at the moment (which may change with further development and spread of technologies like PCR).

Nursing Interventions - click here
For a complete information regarding the disease, click here. From Pathophysiology to Medical Interventions.

Have a bountiful and blissful, 2008 everyone!

-dan

Be sure to SUBSCRIBE in a reader or Subscribe to Pinoy Nurse by Email to get the latest, and nothing but!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello. thanks for visiting!
I had linked yours too!

paki-update lang po yung URL: http://chao.iblogger.org

thanks!